Monday, August 23, 2004

Another week begins

I ended up paying $45 for that dinner to my supervisor's supervisor. Why? Instead of the $609, they added tips so it was $620. Divide that by 14 and you get $44.29. If it was my bros, they would be paying exactly $44.30. But I'm happy to pay $45. Why? simply put, its only $0.71 that I lose, no big deal. Money isn't everything, enjoying a crap dinner with a bunch of co-workers is a bit better... anyways, today was pretty good, finished all the incoming and practically had no outgoing. Unlike the record we've set before, which was about 30 items going out, this time it was close to 5. I think the smallest amount was around 5 or so too... Also those display stands were being a nuisance again... we told them to go outside for 8 hours... then to bring them back in when we knocked off work. Why can't they go to the other warehouse where they have room to lie out of the blazing sun? Well blazing isn't the word, but since its spring, its a prelude to summer... the only girl downstairs was quite happy to say that she loves summer. Yet she's wearing this suit. Seems like she's still cold in this weather, whereas I was wearing a t-shirt. Exercise does you good, you know. I think I got a cramp in my back for sitting there and processing papers... Rip paper from staple, arrange order of papers, re-staple. Did that for about 30 orders and my back was sore. But as usual, those papers will pile up if nobody does them, so it won't be a job to look forward to. Also did the mopping of the floors, never had I did that job since I started working there since march... the floors were very dusty, apparently we're supposed to mop them once a week, but heck, its always so busy we just don't have time. Besides they employ a cleaner who does mop the toilets and kitchens... why not get him to mop OUR side? Stingy bums. Anyways, tomorrow is another day, hopefully it'll be even warmer... 21+ degrees thanks.

No comments: