Sunday, September 12, 2004

Pissed...

You know what happened between last nite 8pm and today 10am? A lot of things...

1) Nearly had a couple of flat tyres.

This was because I was told to go shopping with my mum. Went out around 8pm because parents were gonna go to a friend's place tomorrow, and mum wanted to make some egg tarts. We had no eggs, nor flour. So off to the supermarket we went. On the way there, nothing was wrong. Got the items, came home. Guess what? Some f*cking assholes put a shopping trolley + wooden planks with nails ON THE ROAD. FU*K!!! I ran over the planks and saw the shopping trolley on the other side of the road. My mum was almost screaming, because she though I crashed into something. But hell, I saw not the planks on the road, but the trolley, avoided that, but still ran over the planks. We were about 100 meters down the road before we stopped and looked back at the 'obstacle'. Then this other car came along and did EXACTLY the same thing. 'Crack' as they went over the planks... They stopped too. I think it wasn't safe, so we drove back and then pushed the trolley away and picked up the planks. Mum found out there were nails sticking out of the planks. Sort of like a trap... This was done in the short space of about 10 mins... -_-. The atmosphere in the neighbourhood was rather weird, we can hear a lot of cars revving and people shouting... so yeah, got home, and the car tyres weren't punctured (visually). Not as far as I can see at night with the house light on... Except that I had to go pick up my bro about 11pm from the Lidcome train station... which is about 15 mins drive. I drive and I feel the steering wheels wobble, but that could be from the engine being all f*cked... Got to the station just as the train pulled in, so got home and it was fine. Hopefully... plugging tyres isn't too cheap either ($10 a tyre from last time...). Anyways, apart from that, last nite was pretty uneventful. Mum made plenty of egg tarts and honey cake. Yumm :D~~

2) Emergency system check. This morning at around 10am...

I think we spent over 1 hour just trying to figure out what was going on, but lucky the two older bros (me and first bro) had a clue. The second bro uses the excuse "I'm an Anatomist" to say that he can f*ck his and our network up. Basically I was semi asleep, and then both my bros were up and they couldn't surf the net. 2nd bro reboots the server computer (my little baby) and still couldn't surf. 1st bro didn't do much since he was having breakfast. I didn't have breakfast so I was kinda pissed at why the net would be down. We tried everything, checking the system, unplugging the modem, all to no avail. So I reboot it myself. And then found out that something was SENDING OUT DATA at enormous rates. 10 mins and close to 10 megs sent out. That was what was chewing up the bandwidth. So we unplugged 1st bro's comp from the net. Still the same, it was still spewing out shit. Then we unplugged 2nd's computer. IT STOPPED. Since my computer wasn't on, its impossible to actually do anything. We went to second bro's comp and checked what the f*ck was going on. It was harbouring this keylogger cleverly disguised as 'CSRSS.EXE'. CSRSS is an important part of windows (later versions). But it exists in the windows\system32 directory, not the windows\system directory. Thus it was a trojan. If it was him, he would've missed that fact completely. The fact that we (me and 1st) know this saved our asses. We asked him what he was doing before he couldn't surf anymore. He went to a website called 'fa*k.com'. Don't go there folks, you'll get a trojan. Thats one thing you should never do. Go to those 'names' kind of website... who knows what the website will install on your computer without you knowing. Always be safe, update your antivirus, and firewall if u need it. I personally don't have a firewall, because I know where I go. I don't go to dodgy websites. But at least its a lesson learned. He installed a firewall as soon as he was able to connect to the net. I had my breakfast while watching Video Hits. Fatboy Slim has a new song. 'Slash dot slash'. Its... interesting. musically its the same as his other works, but visually, they have two punks running around in a room that's obviously tiltable... (they can jump around on walls and walk upside down etc etc...). Interesting.

6 comments:

Flo said...

1. awww :O it's disgusting...set such traps on the road. That one(s) will have very bad karma, I believe.
2. I feel totally helpless if I find my pc got virus. but I know computer companies would be happy if the only solution for me is to get a new pc. @_@ ahh...

Ken said...

1. Yes it is. Maybe they'll get their car damaged worse :P
2. Or, a better solution... find a computer-savvy bf :P (who isn't Martin or Larry... ho ho ho)

Flo said...

1. no objection.
2. no objection as well. LOL~

Ken said...

haha what no objection? :P I think you should be active to find a bf maybe then if no objection :P

Flo said...

yeah yeah...see I am so desperately looking for true love. :D ( where's the Father...a confession is to be made :P )

Ken said...

Confess away oh... maybe your Father will give u leads :P