Friday, September 17, 2004

200 Posts on this blog and still going...

Its been 200 posts... average of 1 a day. Nearly a year since I started blogging. Looking back at my other blog, it seems remotely possible that I was going to be an apprentice electrician. Now I'm a warehouse guy in an electronics company. How my life has been different... I'm a year older, but I still feel the same. Clicking through my archives, its funny to see how my other 'layouts' have been archived... My brief (or not so brief) fascination with the Matrix resulted in that pic... http://home.iprimus.com.au/flehrad/KenMobilAve.jpg (I'm amazed it still works!!).

Anyways, enough flashbacks. Life goes on, I'm still tired, and job is still busy busy. Stuff never stops coming in. In the unlikely incident that it does stop, we'd be out of a job. Then I might have to go work as an apprentice electrician. Till we stop electricity. Hah, unlikely. Nah, seriously, this girl (the asian girl who swears much more than yuppy... or maybe yuppy swears more? I dunno... I swear, this girl says the f... word every 2 sentences... it doesn't matter if she's with somebody in the warehouse, or with a manager, she might tone it down to f... this and f... that every 5 sentences... ) has ordered... get this... 40 boxes from the other warehouse. 40 boxes! Each around 5-10 kilos... (Some of them can easily hide a small child... -_-). GAWD what the hell is she doing with them!! If she's gonna split them up and send them... I'll be f... this and f... that myself... cos thats what happened last time when 30 boxes came in and I had to pack 10 sets... some items from each box... -_- geez that was a good 2 hours gone... Hopefully she will take them upstairs herself (ha ha ha) but I doubt it... Sucks to be me right? :P But its alright, thats our 'job'... even though our tasks seem to be expanding more and more. Not that the upstairs people are lazy... nooooo.. but its because the procedure gets bypassed and we get stuck with it all. Can you believe it takes 3 hours to get a package to the city and get another picked up from the same place? Geez I can drive there in around 40 mins and 40 back, but I don't charge around $30 each way... thats extortion!! (Taxi!) No wonder couriers are rich people with nice cars... with gigs like that, they can easily earn up to $500 a day... from 8am till 5pm, each hour around $50... (They do 'routes', thus they can get more parcels along the way... for example if Chatswood was north of North Sydney, they can get the two parcels to each location 'along the way' and pocket the extra $20, in 10 mins drive...(express services... up to $90... quite scary...) I think you have to buy the route tho, its like $35,000 (once off) for the year, but potentially you can earn around $40-45k... so you can earn and pay off the route in the first year and keep going if u like it. I wouldn't like it too much since you have to drive all the time... I prefer doing stuff, not driving stuff...

In the evening I watched 'The Score'. De Niro and Norton. Not bad, but I still think Norton's character was dumb enough to not say 'open it and show me the sceptre'. Otherwise it was ok. I still got so many movies to watch :P And the weekend is here... woohoo :D

3 comments:

Flo said...

I agree with you that interests do count when work is concerned. You know I could pretty much make a fortune if I was to change my job to some other field...*grins evilly* but I'd rather stay in where I am, altho the pay's not much. :P Yeah life goes on, and ppl move on--isn't it great. :)

icemonki said...

yah flos right as long as u happy thats all that matters - i mean at least u got a job! its funny but at the moment only my 15yr old sis has a job outta the kids. Also what do u mean yuppy swears? that was a crackup, I dont swear that much anymore! that asian chik sounds scary... poor kenny i'm sure u can stick up 4 urself - be a man tell her "stop FK#N Swearing,u f*ckn stup&d fked up b&tch" :D

Ken said...

Who knows what she might do if I do that... True story, I was up on one of the shelvings, and I was waiting for my supervisor to lower me down with the forklift. She goes 'hey I driven this before'. I was like errr... so what, I don't trust you. And she goes and pushes the 'down' button... and the fork crashed down on some goods. She quickly jumped off the forklift, lucky I was still on the shelving... otherwise I might not be here today :P. Guess nobody knows that there's some crushed goods there... :P