Sunday, September 26, 2004

Making stuff on Sunday...

Spent a lazy day in... woke up pre-noon. It was warm... around 25 degrees. Did some file conversion (took around 2.5 hours). Then my mum asked me to make some 'shen tsao'... which is the black grass jelly. By making she meant mixing sugar with water, and then finely chopping the grass jelly and putting into the sugar water. This time I didn't add as much sugar, so it wasn't as nice, but its cool and refreshing in the fridge. :D My brother confused it with 'ai yui', which is also a jelly, but its made by running water through seeds, and mushing/crushing the seeds. That produces a form of gelatin or something which forms a jelly like substance when it settles. Anyways, for dinner I made about 50-60 'water legs' :P. "shui jiao", or dumplings. Mum made the rest, because she was making the sour-hot-soup. I ended up eating 32 of the dumplings, other bro had 30, and the other bro had 25 cos he wasn't hungry. (I was... :P). I ate while watching tv, they had a nature show about Croatia's Lakes or something... something funny was that a single Boar can defend itself against a pack of wolves, and a bear can also beat a pack of wolves for food. Very interesting. Anyways, I got a little toothache... *sigh* Its from eating too much sweet stuff... but I can't help it... :P Hopefully it'll be better tomorrow *crosses fingers*.

2 comments:

Flo said...

1.you guys are wonderful! I have such food too but, *embarrassed* no idea how to make them. *clap clap* :D
2.hope you feel better soon. I got decayed teeth, right...I shouldn't have had so many sweets either. :P

Ken said...

Flo... heh its because its so hard to buy good stuff here, so we tend to rely on making our own... (if they do sell it here, its probably at a higher price... so in the end we make it ourselves too...)

And yeah, my poor teeth... :(

Mate, I don't have any linking on my blog... sorry.