Thursday, September 02, 2004

Have to appease the car god...

Recently my car's been acting up... well, not acting up, but rather, heating up. It runs 10-20 mins then the engine temperature is in the middle of the readout... Far out! I just put the water in this morning! Like every morning. Turns out I was very low on engine oil... (guess I've been neglecting that side of the car... but water was more important I guess...) So after getting home and worried about the condition of the car, I turn off the engine... and hear bubbling noises... the water was literally boiled... -_-... and was steaming out of the side of the car -_-... After dinner I immediately put engine oil in... and filled up the radiator with more than 3 liters of H20... thats how much had evaporated into steam... Anyways, to test if the engine oil was working, we drove to the shops... it was fine, the thermonitor didn't creep up on the way there, but on the way back it did go about 20%... meaning it was working a little... guess I have to check tomorrow morning... meaning I have to wake up just a tad earlier too... *sigh*... the trouble of keeping a car in working order... Of course, it beats having to walk to work... Went shopping for milk and paper towels and a toilet brush... A weird combination, but thats my mum... :P And tomorrow's the end of the week! Yay! time to catch up on sleep again... (another workmate told me I look tired... well duh, if u were pushing and pulling and lifting heavy stuff all day you'll be tired too... instead of sitting there listening to mp3 and watching screens all day... geez some people have all the luck don't they :P).

2 comments:

icemonki said...

Whats the deal with putting up al those pics of yummy sweets.. i think i drooled all over my keyboard! My car got overheated once like that - i opened the cap and it splashed hot water everywhere...
u get it checked regulary right? apparently we should do oil check and water check every now and then....

Ken said...

Yeah, mission accomplished! :P haha when that female sent those pics I was like... :O~~ I want them... some of them look so good... and I reckon they'll taste even better... But yeah, you should never open the cap when you've overheated, you might get scalded by the steam... I overheated the car before, simply because this car is a heap of junk, and well, we don't use coolant in this car anymore, so we just use water... but water has minerals thus it rusts, and loses its capacity to keep cool... thus the only problem is that the engine will never recover... :(