Saturday, September 04, 2004

Car Update

Well... the job was done for $160 + $5 for a radiator cap (thats rusted). Also a major problem is the the engine had 3 mounts which was broken. Previously my mum had them replaced at $300... now they are broken again... :/ Which is kind of dodgy. The mechanic will source out some second hand ones which aren't broken. and then maybe next week we'll fix them. Also he recommend us to buy another car after the rego runs out in Jan... its not worth pumping $$ into this heap of shit because its that old. I agree. I was saying last nite I should just go out and buy a $3000 car, my dad was angry. But I didn't know what the reason was. Now I know. He wasn't angry that I wanted to buy a car, but the fact that I want to buy a second hand car. He thinks its better to take out a car loan to buy a new car... -_-... I'm not pulling enough $$ to go be in debt for a car which I only use for maybe 1 hour a day... sure maybe in the future when I need to drive, but right now I don't need one... but I do think its probably better to buy a 'new' car, maybe one which hasn't done that many KMs, but still... maybe a '96-'99 model? I don't know... Will discuss this later. (See, I'm not excited about getting a new car... thats cos I don't have the urge to get a car... I'm not a car nut... A car is just to get me from point A-B... I rather spend the $$ to get a better computer, or other things I can enjoy (Like a digicam!! :P)

2 comments:

Flo said...

I want it small when it comes to cars. Driving in Taipei is not easy since the roads are not always wide, you know. I spent a lot on my Justy...*sob sob* and no money to afford a new car...*COL*

Ken said...

*COL*??? Coughs out loud? hahaha I have no idea what that means sorry :P But yeah, tw cars are smaller than ours here... can fit 1.5 cars into our normal parking space...