Friday, October 22, 2004

Yay~~

Lets see what I got today... 1 DVD Burner, 1 Spindle of 25 8x DVD+R, and 1 Wireless mouse. Now, it took all of 10 minutes to %^$*& open the metallic grill of the front of my bro's case... and then 2 mins to set up all the cables, and 2 mins to boot up and install nero... 6 mins to burn all of Madlax (4.28 GB), and to find out that I've been burning at 16x onto 8x media. Bad IDEA. It failed, so I made the first DVD+R I ever burnt a coaster. Of course, never to sit and contemplate my failure, I immediately pop another DVD+R in and then burnt it at the recommended speed. 8x. It took around 8:13. Thats more like it. I even tried it on my dodgy DVD reader. Apparently the 16x speed DVD+R media can burn full disk under 6 mins... I can see how that can work. Except its expensive now... And don't get me started on Dual Layer Media... 2x on DL... thats pretty interesting...
The wireless mouse I installed on the TV machine... it works pretty well, except that I am scared that it'll chew through the batteries like nothing... So have to take the batteries out when not using it. Safer that way, right?

Ok its past midnight and I'm still blogging. Need to get some sleep.

2 comments:

Flo said...

how come it'd still consume batteries if it's not used. :O if so I would have to take quite a few batteries out when I didn't use them. hen ma fan...

Ken said...

I dunno... its because maybe it tries to send a signal to the receiver to see if its alive... that would eat up batteries... just like a mobile phone... always sends a signal... eats up batteries