Monday, October 18, 2004

I'm... scared...

I was burning a CD... and after it hit 100% and doing the 'lead-in and lead out' phase, the drive starts making a very horrible grinding noise... I'm sure that it died. My fears were confirmed when Nero came up with 'fixation error'. I just made a coaster. On my table I have about 200 CDs, 50 which are unburnt, and 5 coasters. Its probably gonna increase a bit more now -_-. To test if the drive's really dead, I burnt another CD. This time it didn't make a horrible noise, but it did make unusual noise (probably fixation checking) pre-burning. And thus I have to be wary of what I burn... in case it dies and I didn't realise it.

Anyways, it's been pissing down today... so everybody is dreading the rain, going home in the wet, blah blah... Its cold! And a lot of stuff to do at work... One of the engineers came and asked me what my background was... what, is he gonna do a police check on me? Turns out he might be going on hols for about 6-8 weeks, and needs somebody to do his work in the meantime... I told him I did med eng, and he considers it. I don't know if I'll be doing his work, its unlikely, but hey, if the supervisor's supervisor gives the ok, I might have a change of work for 6 weeks or so? Something in the wind.

1 comment:

Flo said...

1. cold and rainy in Tpe also.
2. wah he is like teachers here: got summer vacation. how nice!