Sunday, October 10, 2004

What a day!!!

Its one of them days where I feel I have done simply too much, and come away without anything. Few things came out of it as good, others, mundane.

8:00am Alarm rings. I didn't immediately wake up, but everybody else was up. So got up a little later.
8:45am Officially Up... personal grooming, had brekkie, and looked presentable.
9:30am Drove with parents to a church, not to pray, but to vote. Its election day, hope Labor wins (but they wouldn't)
10:00am Started the 1 hour drive to the wedding ceremony in Lindfield
11:10am Found the place. Called 'Swain Gardens', it was originally a block of land (owned by somebody called Swain) and he donated it to the government so it became public property. The place is pretty big, and I'd say its around 2-4 acres. Very 'sunken', its like about 10-15 meters below the main road, so getting to the place (up and down) was exercise itself. Very nice, got a grassy area for ceremonies, and they set up a marquee there for the occasion.
11:30am Guests start to arrive in the dozens...
12:00 Ceremony starts... They got a public celebrant to invest her power into making them a couple. Also, they hired a 4 piece orchestra (Violin, Flute, Bass and something else) to play the lovely music.
12:25pm Ceremony finishes, they are officially Husband and Wife. Congratulations! Thus we go to the marquee to get some grub.
12:30pm The cake cutting is a bit delayed due to missing knife.
12:35pm The knife is found! The couple cuts the cake.
12:40pm Photos taken at many pics per second. Its amazing how many people want to pose with the bride and groom. I didn't have any connection with them, apart from having the same english name as the groom. :P (Same first english and same chinese surname. Just write surname little differently in English I think.)
1:00pm Crowd mingling at around 100+ people. Good atmosphere, lots of chatting, mostly in Taiwanese and Mandarin, and English of course. Multi-national people here, some from Taiwan, Perth, Singapore, and of course local Syd people. And the 4 piece orchestra played. Foods include: Mini-baguettes, the staple Sandwiches, Sushi (no wasabi), Chicken Drumsticks, Mini-Quiches, fruit platter, and the required drinks - Champagne, Red and White wines, Orange, Apple juices, and Lemonade/Coke. Not very filling, but hey, its just light snacks... They are obviously saving their stomach space for tonight... I don't get to go... *sob sob*.
1:30pm We leave, not before saying goodbye to about 10 people (going back several times too). My supervisor's supervisor also turned up late, but hey, I get to see him every working day... :P
2:30pm Got home. Not before being abused by both parents because I took a path which wasn't planned by my mum who had the map. I had driven this place before (The Funeral episode... hmm... 1 wedding and 1 funeral... need 3 more weddings to make a movie I guess?) and my parents were abusing me ("wtf why u going here? I didn't check the map!!" "I know where I'm going" "the hell u do!!" "I've been here before" "So what, we got the map". Then I got to where they were familiar and they shut up... shut up pretty much the whole way after that incident. I think that they just can't trust my judgement enough, if they can't see that the way I took was actually a short cut (its like I took a longer triangle's side. They would rather take the simple way, (two short paths) but it's longer. I took a shorter but windy road.)... In the end they just don't talk, its much better for me I guess... After getting home, found out the bro left at 2:10, 20 mins earlier. He left for a fundraiser.
3:00pm Mum cooked some noodles, egg, lamb pieces, a sausage and chopped up some veges. Thats because after the road 'rage' incident they asked if I wanna buy some fast food like KFC or maccas, but I declined... I just didn't wanna drive somewhere further than that, if they were gonna bitch about the 'distance' that I took was 'longer'. So I get to cook the veges and then mix in the noodles and cooked meat for dinner.
4:30pm Parents leave for dinner. The dinner's in the city, so they have to catch a train.
6:40pm I start to cook dinner, while watching Monk. Somebody has a problem with their downloads. After getting fustrated with them, it was eventually decided that the problem was a corrupted download. With bittorrent, I find that hard to believe. If that person had a corrupted download, all the other people downloading that file WILL ALSO have a corrupted download. -_-. I guess something must've gone wrong there.
7:00pm Dinner. Eaten while still watching Monk. Double episode I guess.
8:30pm Iron Chef! This time its Bamboo Shoots. Yummo! I love pickled bamboo shoots, especially the spicy ones. Iron Chef Kenichi (Chinese) wins tonight. Movies on offer - Channel 7 - Die Hard 2, Channel 10 - The Mummy Returns. I choose the latter, its more fun. Bro calls in to say that he will call when he gets to certain station, so I can pick him up. I watch the movies while channel surfing because of the election results. Labour concedes defeat graciously. Poor Labour, I so wanted them to win. Next time!!
10:30pm 20 mins before movie finishes, bro calls. Lock up house, drive 5 mins, his train pulls in, some police car was at the station with lights, bro gets out, we get out of there, back to finish the movie.
11:50pm Shower.
12:20pm Parents call, they are at the station, except that their feet are killing them. Who can blame them, they are old and walk to the train station and restraunt in the city is a long way. Quick drive, back home in 5 mins.
12:40pm Chat with parents about their night. 200+ people attended, they left at 11ish because they didn't wanna be stuck in the city at night. But plenty of people still there, to celebrate 'Double 10 Day' 10/10. I forgot the significance of this day, something to do with the govt :P My money went into their red packet... I should've gone to dinner with them... Lobster, Crab, Prawns, Abalone, Sea Cucumber, its a seafood feast! (And my dad didn't have much allergic reaction... he took some red wine... maybe thats why? I might try that... except don't have any red wine handy. Only one bottle of beer :P They had a good time... I wonder if I went, would I have had a good time, or would I've been bored out of my mind? Maybe The Mummy Returns was more interesting :P
1:20pm Writing this blog...
1:42pm Finished blog. Yah ^^

And that was my day. Wasn't that... interesting? :P Seems like a lot of stuff, but in the end I'm just a chauffeur for my family. :P

2 comments:

Flo said...

whoa...interesting!usually no cake at a wedding party here, you know. you must feel lost now...didn't go there to have seafood and eye candy in the evening! awww :P must attend next time ok...with your digi cam. (kuai dian mai yi ge lah! bai tuo ni oh...) :D

Ken said...

Well... its more western, don't you think? ESPECIALLY IF ITS IN A GARDEN! :P And being married by an aussie oh... :P