Monday, October 04, 2004

Shaun of the Dead

"Hi, excuse us, but we're pretty F*cked! :D" heh... tonight was pretty funny indeed. I left the house at around 4:30, caught the 4:50 train, got in around 5:50. Felt hungry, so bought some chips... 50 grams for $1.90... expensive! (Lemon and pepper). Waited for my friend, he shows up at 6pm, we head in, and I gave my name, it was there, we went in, and watched the movie. Now, I don't like horror films. I watched one or two before, and... well, they ain't my bag. But this is a comedy horror. And the main actor and the director of this film said specifically that this is not a spoof. And it isn't. Its more of a mish mash of comedic horror. And some of the scenes were over the top funny, I really laughed out loud, so did most of the audience. Other scenes were shockingly bad... But overall its another 'leave your brains at the door' film... just enjoy it for the silliness that it is :) The viewing tonight is a special preview, the main actor (Simon Pegg) and the director came in to give a Question and Answer session, but me and my collegue didn't stay. But before the show started, they said the sentence at the top... because one flew in from London, the other from the States... heh they got the audience relaxed for the gory fest that was about to begin :)
After that we went to KFC, and I waited 30 mins for the 9:30 train. Got home an hour later, no hotties on the trains... damn... there was this 70+ yr old couple that was fighting at Central station. By 'fighting' I don't mean physical, but the body language showed that the wife did the husband wrong, and he wasn't happy at all. He wasn't so happy in fact that he got off at a station and parked his bottom on a bench, all the while ignoring his wife's plea to get back on the train, the wife being distraught enough and looking desperate at the train doors closing. Lucky they had a couple who are around the same age with them... maybe they will talk some sense into him... Or they can get a taxi, since the next train though that station is another half hour at least...

Anyways, enough of today... tomorrow is a work day. Laters :P

4 comments:

Flo said...

awww reading that makes me wanna proceed to a movie theatre near my school! too bad can't shirk now. :P as for the couple...hmm maybe they should feel lucky? I got none to fight or argue with me! :D

Ken said...

hahaha... go on, shirk... I think somebody would cover for you :P yeah, they should be fine, if they divorced... then I guess still would be ok? :P

icemonki said...

wow it was a full on BIG opening night .. nice! its sad about the couple... maybe after 50yrs of same old shit he realised he had enuff of nagging wife... but who the heck divorces at 70?!!

Ken said...

Yeah, I guess I should've got a pic with the star... have my '5 seconds with a famous person' time... :P

haha... thats a good question... if it was me... I wouldn't be too worried at that age to argue :P Just go 'yeah yeah whatever' :P