Sunday, July 25, 2004

I felt it... and did it feel bad...

Heh... it took me a day to recover from what happened yesterday... work was normal on Friday... till 4:30pm (when the sun begins to run away from the moon). Then it was go go go all the way till 7pm... We had to move the huge laptop into a truck which was around 20m long.  Its a trailer... or was it a semi trailer? one of the wheels came up to my chest... quite huge.  It rolled in around 5... but we had 30 mins to move some smaller pallets out and all these other things out... and then the fun started... supervisor did all the forklifting (thank god I didn't have to do it...), moved all the pallets before the giant notebook, and it took around 8 people to lift it over their heads to the truck.  Then the second bit also took the 8 people... by the end the extra help disappeared, only 5 people remained... some females were looking, the boss even was upstairs having a beer and looking at us while we're slaving away trying to fit huge wooden pieces onto the truck... *sigh*.  Anyways, I think we managed to move around 4-5 tonnes of crap that they are taking up to the Gold Coast/Surfers Paradise for the show... quite impressive considering it only took 5 people 2 hours... :P  Quotes the driver (also one of the helpers) "I feel sorry for whoever is gonna unload this".  Ditto, mate.  I feel sorry for whoever unloads and loads it.  If 10 people did, then I don't feel sorry, but considering this is going to a convention of NERDS I don't think there'll be too many Arnie lookalikes around to help... but after coming home I felt like I didn't wanna do anything... eating took twice as long, I think I stopped eating after 9pm after 2 bowls of rice... in around 1.5 hours @_@.  And then I slept till 1pm today (got to sleep around midnite last nite), while listening to the rain... its cold, and then now its warm... but I feel like a sloth... don't do much on the weekends...  I don't know what will happen on Monday, but I think we're safe for one week... then it might come back and we'll be sore again...  Tonight saw an episode of "Monk", which I haven't seen for ages... Funny, theres this hispanic guy... I think he loves being the bad guy, or the bad guy with the good conscience, or just that he looks like he belongs in jail... cos I think he appears in all these movies where they need badasses... Like Desperado, Once Upon a Time in Mexico, The Butterfly Effect (the christian guy in the jail?) and now Monk... well he just has this face which is like 'mean' but I think he's pretty cool (a softie inside).

No comments: