Sunday, July 18, 2004

Happy Birthday to Bro...

Its my bro's birthday today, happy birthday to him.  The whole day my mum and dad slaved over the stove to cook many dishes... and only his gf came (we hoped that his mum would come too, oh well).  It was a cold day, didn't rain, but it was windy as all hell, so windy that the back fence fell over (it was already falling apart...) to our side... and I went to buy milk and 'he mian' (rice noodles) but apparently I bought the wrong ones... hmmm... they only sold these types, the skinny types, not the 'thick' types my mum wanted... so my dad went out and got them from a different shop later...  My bro printed this huge picture of a chinese dragon which he intends to quill... since we got this giant wooden frame... he used about 16 pages... thats quite big, not sure if he'll actually finish it, but who cares... :P  Dinner we had traditional chinese birthday stuff... means its noodles, pork, egg, and 'jiu tsai', meaning 'longevity'. (the last one is some sort of green vege, which is long and skinny, and thin.  I think it might be chives, but I might be wrong.  Not sure what it is, but its what people have traditionally...) After that, there was 'tako' (Octopus/Squid) with Spicy Ginger Sauce, steamed fish, seafood, and the 'he mien' wide rice noodles.  After that we had two types of cake, one from bro's gf, the other made by mum...  You can guess I'm very full, and you can also guess what I'll be having for lunch tomorrow... :P.  Also had some oranges from our back yard, not too bad, the tree was already here when we moved in...  And since tomorrow is another working day, I will go sleep now and write later.

2 comments:

icemonki said...

Bleh its garlic chives doofy. My granma has plenty more if u want. Haha

Ken said...

Yeah I know you're chives girl... stuppy :P