Saturday, July 17, 2004

A bad day.

Pissed Off.  I had stepped back in time by using a lower powered PSU.  A measly 250W instead of 300W.  Why? It burnt out.  Upon opening I found out that one of the capacitors had bubbled out its innards and melted.  So that was what the burnt smell was.  I thought it was because of this weather, since its so humid and cold today.  I didn't know that was why it died though.  So I had to get out my bro's old comp, the trusty PII-300 with its 250W power supply and bunged it on this machine.  It whirred to life, except that it shut down almost immediately.  I had managed to hook the wires on the fan to the CPU, preventing them spinning, thus it had heated up to 80 degrees... Lucky the mobo had thermal shutdown, thats why I saved myself the trouble of buying a new computer... (not that I can't afford it, but I really don't need a new computer just yet...)  With that out of the way, I'm back online, baby!  and I can tell you the rest of the story (i.e what happened yesterday)...
 
Yesterday.  The day before today.  (16th of July).
After the big spring clean, everything had a sense of cleaniness.  So we tried our best to clear up the incoming stuff.  It was going well till 3 big boxes came in.  So we will leave those for monday.  Lunch time was the BBQ chicken rolls.  The PA to the MD got them from red rooster... + alcholic beverages.  I drank a Pineapple Vodka Cruiser for the first time... didn't feel a thing.  Some people after drinking a little bit of alcohol turn red... they have good livers apparently? or was it circulation... Anyways, after a speech, lunch was over, and we were back to usual.  After work, some guys from work went to have dinner at Eastwood.  I never been there, so I followed a friend's car.  Got there in around 30 mins, 10 mins if no traffic (the traffic is banked on the highway... really peak hour traffic.  We left at 6pm and got there at 6:30... lucky I don't live north...).  Anyways, the other guys turned up around 7.  We ate at at Japanese style restraunt called 'Torin', owned by Koreans.  Menu was Korean and English.  At a japanese restraunt.  Anyways, had Sashimi (waaaaaaasssssssaaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbiiiiiiiiii), Sushi, Tempura, Rice, Fish, and other small dishes... no alcohol this time, since I had to go home by car, but other people (who were all older than me btw...) all drank.  Only me and my friend didn't drink....Not sure thats a good sign or not, but thats how they are... all good friends, chatting away.  Just chatted about general stuff, nothing really interesting... I didn't understand half of it, since they speak cantonese... haha crazy, I think I need to learn some just to 'fit in'... :P  Anyways, finished dinner at around 9pm, and got home at 10... took a long way around, cos I got lost twice (and yeah somebody laughed at me... what kind of friend laughs at somebody who gets lost AT NIGHT and IN A STRANGE PLACE??) and so I got home safely, surfed for a little, and crashed my bed.  Woke up at 11am because mum wanted me to see if a monitor on offer at a garage sale was good or not.  It wasn't, not for $40 + a 486... not worth it at all.  But we did score a working Dryer (to dry clothes in winter) for $35... hmmm... does that mean we'll be warmer now, with that in our lives? hope so.  :P  And thus was just surfing and doing misc stuff at home when I smell the burning wet smell for around 1-2 hours.  Then, shortly before dinner, the computer shuts down when I'm in the middle of a game. -_-.  And you now know the rest of the story... congratulations for reading this long,   I give you a clap as a reward :D

No comments: