Wednesday, November 17, 2004

I'm back from the brink...
        of non-bloggingness.

I haven't blogged lately... I just get home late, and then watch tv, or just don't feel like blogging. Not that I haven't had much excitement. Far from it. For example, I went out to have dinner with 3 other guys and one gir this eveningl. The girl is from Taiwan, she's an Auditor. The guy who 'called' us out to have dinner (it was just decided this arvo actually) is one of the finance guys who had the (un)lucky task of showing her around after work. Actually, showing around is probably not the right word, since u know how Sydney is... pretty much dead after 8pm... but ok on the weekends. But she was pretty tired on her first day arriving here. And she'll leave on Sun. But anyways, we had dinner at a restraunt in Beverley Hills. Yes there's a Beverley Hills in Sydney. Its pretty busy there, the restraunt we went to opens up to 2am... quite impressive. Seafood restraunt, its not bad, but I was allergic to the lobster... *shrugs* I know I get allergic to crustaceans. But I didn't have too bad a reaction, so I didn't eat anymore just to be safe. It was pretty awakard at the dinner. 3 Guys who were speaking mostly canto, and 2 people who don't know any canto to save their asses in Hong Kong. So yeah... we were trying our best to chat to the girl... but still it was funny. Not too bad an evening. Best of all, the guy paid for us all. Well he has to shout the girl because she's the auditor. But since he asked us to be 'company', I guess we can eat a 'free' dinner.

Anyways, I had the interview (5:45pm - before the dinner). I didn't think I made too much of an impression... So I don't expect to get the job. But if I do, I know for sure I will have to work a lot harder. The job is very much the 'gray area' that most of the other service guys don't wanna touch. So its very demanding.

Yesterday, some damaged 19" LCD were available. So me and colleague snapped them up. :D

Yesterday I was meant to have the interview, but the guy (who I can call the 'supervisor's supervisor's supervisor - sss for short) ran off thinking the interview was on Wed (today). So I didn't do the interview, but OTed. And then watched CSI, and Cold Case. Both are pretty good. But tonight I came home just before CSI:Miami finished (9:30pm). So didn't see it tonight. Not to worry, its not the end of the world. CSI: Miami will have a 'run-in' with CSI: New York on Sunday I think... so I'll watch that instead.

Monday... I was pretty unsure if I'll do well for the interview. But now I guess I don't need to worry. Since they filled the QI role... and the only role left in Service was this. So I guess I am alright in that aspect.

Tomorrow. I will buy 4 mice. 3 for my bro, he wants them for his friends, and one for me. I deserve it. hahahaha :P And then I will also get some media. Ran out, but will get more... :D

Life is ok.

No comments: