Saturday, April 24, 2004

Think outside the box...

Yesterday was a busy day... I woke up early to go to the job center to look for some jobs... found some to apply for, then I went to hand in some forms in Bankstown... then I got home... they didn't call me up for work, so I checked my email... Woohoo! my case is ready for pickup! So... I had a quick lunch... and watched TV... they had "Mysterious Ways" on!!! it was the episode where there's this window washer who fell 200 meters from a building and survived... I think it was an ok episode... but all of them were ok in my book. Anyways, I went to pick up the case... and on the way... I got fone call on my mobile... which I can't answer while driving, in case I get into an accident, or get pulled over and fined by the police... but I told them to call me back in 5-10 mins... and I got to my destination, and then picked up my case, and was driving off again when they called... that was 10 mins? I don't know... seems longer than 10... I was nearly at the shopping center... but anyways... I had to find a place to pull off and talk... so I did that... and after talking I went to shopping... just a bag of Bean Sprouts, and milk... and to deliver off some letters. Anyways, I come home... and then was playing around with my new case... and then somebody starts saying things... I think they were jealous of my case :P but anyways... after they left... I just finished assembling my case... and tested it out... it was beeping at me... I said fine... and pulled out my memory stick from my pc and plugged it in... and it works! :D I had it plugged into the tv... and my HDD had an installed copy of win98... and that works... and its blurry on the tv... but I guess can live with that... since its not to be used for intensive purposes... just a router and maybe for mum to watch video on tv... anyways I had tried to punch a hole in the case to fit some cable... but I guess I stuffed it up... so I just put some sticker over the panel... its my mod :P I like the case... its pretty good... and even though the specs say that this case can only fit the board + Slim CD/DVD drive + 2.5" drive, I am just gonna fit in one 3.5" HDD... Thats thinking outside the box for yah :P And I also got my quote for RAM at $166 (inc delivery...) it was gonna be at CWorld for $140 without delivery, but they ran out, and won't be ordering in anymore... so I went with GameDude instead... $155 + 11 postage... at another online store, MegaPC, it starts at $170, which is starting to get expensive... and inc delivery that would be closer to $180 so I think I saved some $$ by buying different components from all over the place... now the guests have gone outside... the house seems pretty empty (just me and bro... hmm)...

No comments: