Friday, April 16, 2004

Another day... another blog :P This morning I had an appointment with the Salvation Army Employment Plus. To tell you the truth, I don't like going there... Its depressing. But its actually compulsory, or else I wouldn't get the extra dosh that the govt gives... anyways, I went to it on time... lucky I set my watch alarm... it seems that my normal alarm clock can keep time, but doesn't have enough juice to drive the ringer... so when it was time to ring... the hand just stops there. It stopped for around 5 mins since there was that much difference between my watch and my clock. But anyways, I got there on time... and went to look for some jobs on the computers and in the papers... And guess what?? NO BLOODY INTERESTING JOBS. Anyways, recently one of them advisors said that there is a position open for a storeperson, just like what I'm doing now, except that its full time.. so yeah... I would be interested, since its ok kind of job... but the only catch is, they need somebody with a forklift license... which I don't have. But, I'm glad that they (salvos) are offering me the chance to get it... they might even pay for it... cool :) And apparently I was the most popular client there today... This other guy, Jeff (or Geoff, I don't know) had some jobs which might suit me... Turns out that extra item I placed in my resume about working as a warehouse/storeperson really attracts those jobs... WHY COULDN'T THEY FIND THE MEDICAL ENGINEERING JOBS!! :P But I think getting a foot in the door of some warehouse... would be ok... The jobs that were on offer... "Warehouse Assistant" same type as I'm doing now... same amount of pay... same amount of time! its almost the same job... but in Alexandria... "Maintenance Technician"... you know bus shelters have advertising? Well, basically I could be the guy who goes around replacing the posters! Cool hey :P $28k isn't bad for driving around town replacing posters... "Storeperson (Junior or Senior)" hmm I think I don't even qualify for the Junior bit, since I've only been here 2 months... But its starting at $30k... which is pretty good... Not sure what kind of store... but yeah... I don't know... if its full time and not heavy manual labour (I don't wanna have a bad back...) I would take it... if it involves computers and bits of computers... that would be so much easier... :D Anyways, bro bought a cordless fone from his collected points from his CC... and then I think the rice cooker has died... after serving us meals since before 1986... you will be missed :P
On a totally unrelated topic... I find that girls are really unstable creatures. I think I should get back to being a Monk... There is no pleasing a girl... Especially online ones... I should just get a girl here in sydney...

No comments: