Wednesday, December 29, 2004

ooooh....

Forgive me, Blog Father, its been 4 days since my last confe..... wait up, I'm not Christian... But I've been doing some bad things... like spending $$. This time, I've gone and got a webcam. Yay! Actually, I don't know why I got one... I feel stupid. But hey, if anybody wanna see me in a dark siloutte, feel free :D Installation was a bitch tho... I install the drivers, they don't wanna install. I plug the camera in the usb port, it won't recognise the camera. Then I figured that I need to plug the camera into a different port, not from the keyboard (cos that's sucking up power). Hey presto, it worked. And since its so nice and sunny outside, all I can see is my black head shadow, in front of a white background. Fun right :P All for $40. Plus its got microphone too... but... My MSN doesn't really like my computer net settings for mics... so will have to see what's the deal there.

Why did I go get the webcam? After getting the laptop, I feel that there isn't any more consumer devices left for me (maybe a palm/organiser, a newer mobile) but I think... I don't have a webcam. My 5mp digicam doesn't function as a webcam, so this el-cheapo has to do. Apparently it can do 30fps, which isn't too bad. 640x480 res is actually almost DVD quality. You think this is gonna make a movie? hahaha if I'm bored... maybe. :P But I had the opportunity to get the webcam cos our car rego is due... Jan 12. Green Slip (3rd Party Insurance) is the most expensive, and then Pink Slip (car mechanic check) is around $30... and then another license thingy costs more $$, but lucky my dad is a pensioner so don't have to pay that. But yeah, thats quite alot of $$ for a shitty car (more than $500). Also we finally took the car to a electrical shop, just to fix the blinking indicator. It blinks too fast cos there's a short somewhere, and it got fixed by the guy for $5. Thats good, now the light blinks normally... woo more spending... :P

After that, drove to the computer store, and also got a 20M Network cable for $23... which is 'ok' except that a 15m cable costs $15, and a 10m cable costs $12. Go figure. Also tried to get a USB Optical mouse for the laptop, and then finding out that the el-cheapo model I got WAS A PS/2. WTF... They ran out. -_-. So I guess I will give the USB to the laptop, and then use the PS/2. Aren't I so generous. :P Well, this computer is a heap of shit... I will upgrade it maybe in 2005 if I feel like it... if not, it'll suffice for another year... its already 2 years old... :P But its been upgraded with a *gasp* old Video Card, a new 512mb stick of Ram, and a *gasp gasp* 160GB HDD. Plus a plethora of LCD monitors, keyboards, speakers, DVD-Writerers, and power supplies. I really do think my computer is my gf... isn't that sad... :P At least I can use the comp for a long time... :P

2 more days till the new year. What resolution? :P

No comments: