Sunday, December 19, 2004

Merry Christmas?

Well... Christmas hasn't come yet. A few more days. But we just had our xmas party, held at Sebel Pier One in the city, near the rocks.

Saturday, 18th Dec.

Woke up at 11:30 or so... bummed around after 'breakfast'. Played some games, surfed, and the weather isn't bad. The party wasn't on till 7, but even then, I had better get out of the house before 6pm. Train journey + walk is around 1 hour...

I left the house 5:20pm... got to the station in 5 mins, but the next train was at 5:50... never fear... I had timed it well... got to circular quay at 6:40... and it took me about 15-20 mins to walk the street around the shoreline... making it perfectly 7pm. We had appetisers out on the balcony... and the sun was about 1.5 hours away from setting... From then, I think I realised that this party wasn't gonna be that much fun... Each 'section' of the company basically stuck within their own circle. Service in their own circle, sales in theirs, and management in theirs. Only circles which drifted was probably finance, and a few of them pic-snappers... One of them is Annie, she loves getting in people's faces and snapping. The other is Sam, and the other is Kitty. Kitty is an extrovert, she was the only person in the entire company to bring her own reindeer ears (like those hairbands thingys). Also another funny thing, Sam was driving along the road to the hotel, and who should be on the side of the road flagging him down? Kitty... I think something will develop there. :D Anyways, Sam actually dropped Kitty off first, (she was late, we were nearly going in) and then we went in, and then Sam turns up about 20 mins later... Parking's a bitch in the city... Seems like they are already a couple? hahaha... Anyways, the Entree was alright, really tiny portion... Duck on vermicelli (rice noodle)... the alternate was Prawns on avocado puree.

Main course was Turkey with ovened veges. Or Lamb with sauce. I had the turkey, it was very filling... My supervisor had the lamb, and that was also filling... The piece was as big as my fist... quite big.

Then there was the comedian... "The Doctor". I think I've heard 20% of his jokes before, but obviously the people in the audience didn't, or they were too drunk to notice... Good reactions, lots of funny stuff. 30 mins of material. And it involved music alot. Our table was beside a speaker... and I think if I was sitting 2 seats closer, I would've been deaf... it was that loud that one of the staff's partner had to go outside with their baby. It might've given the baby hearing damage if they stayed inside. Anyways after that, we had the prize giveaways. No surprises there, the prizes were won by upstairs people... Not one from downstairs. Damn them.

It was 5 prizes in total too. Miserly pricks.

Dessert was either pudding or jelly. I had the jelly... it wasn't that great -_-.

After all that, Karoke was the ending event. And dancing, which some people did do. But the Karoke was in the system of 'I sing, I get to choose the next person to sing.'... And guess who was chosen to sing after the second person? You guessed it, me and Sam. Hell no! Sam was already going home, to drop off our SS... and I went off with my supervisor plus two others... so, sorry mate, no singing for me tonight :P Maybe if my mood was better.

I can see that this event is pretty un-exciting. If they held it on a boat, maybe it would've been more fun, like chucking a few people into the water :P But otherwise, I think it was a 3.5 hours better off doing something I enjoy, like playing games... I got a lift with supervisor, and then got on a train home. The train took express route, but didn't go past my station. So I called my mum to pick me up... Ended up going home at around 11:50.

All I got from this experience was boredom... and sore ankles. I'm not used to wearing leather shoes...

But its free grub. So its ok.

The pic below should show you how bored I was. :P

Back to the grind...

No comments: