Thursday, May 06, 2004

what a night! @_@ :P

I've been through a lot while working... so tonight it was pretty interesting. First of all... I had a quick dinner at 3:30... why? cos I don't know when I'll be having dinner... Anyways... I headed over to work at around 4:45, because I don't wanna be late. We did the manifest early... and then we closed up early. Then we were on the road to the city. I didn't know we had to go somewhere else first... but it doesn't matter, since I wasn't driving. We left at around 5:10... and on the way, we grabbed Maccas (McDonalds) drive-thru... company paid of course. Anyways, we got to the city in around an hour's time... traffic was terrible, so many cars going into the city for some reason... but we got there... and spent some time trying to find the damned place... basically it was called some Overseas Passenger Terminal... and it was just under the sydney harbour bridge... (I think it took a long time to find because there was no direction... but anyways...) we got there, and was rudely ushered away from the main reception... BECAUSE IT WAS MAFW!!! Mercedes Australian Fashion Week is one of the events that is sponsered by my company... so yeah... alot of well dressed men and women (oh... alot of hotties there... some wearing alot less than usual... :P) Anyways, we had to move the packing stuff from the car... and packed two displays... bloody heavy!! at least 3 people will manage it with difficulty... 4 is ok... 5 or more is good. So that was two. We finished packing those, and then left... the 'Cargo room' of MAFW was still going strong at 8... alot of people (50+ was still lining up to get in...) milling around... a good vibration. Anyways, we headed over to Martin Place, where 5 other display cases were awaiting us... and we packed it up with more people helping us... they arrived from head office because they are obligated... we get extra pay because we aren't :P and then we were out of there around 9. There were alot of people still around there at 9... but basically my friend who drove us... he accidentally parked in a wrong place, and got fined $68 for 30 mins -_- more than $2 a minute! geez... after going back to work place around 10, we stopped on the way to get more Maccas... since we were hungry, and the boss'll pay for it... now I'm back home, and tired... guess I'll sleep easy tonight :P

No comments: