Sunday, May 09, 2004

The saga is finally over...

After a painful night... I am now back to normal. I installed an OS on the mini computer... that went 100% according to plan. And made it share the ADSL connection. My two brothers can immediately get online via the connection. But what about my little computer? NOOOOO. IT DOESN'T F**KING WANT TO. I spent the entire night trying out different combinations of drivers and IP addresses... and none of them worked. I even gave up my shower just to fix the problem. Alas, it didn't work. So I took it out of its noisy box, and put it into an older, but quieter box. And now its quieter. by a margin. Still sounds like a mini vacuum cleaner, but it doesn't clatter around... I can probably sleep with it on at night... but now with the mini itx as the server, I don't have to! :P Anyways, I woke up early this morning to fix this problem. Still won't be fixed... so I said... I'll install a damned proxy server. And it works... -_- so now I'm back online... yay :P having a mini computer connected to the tv is cool... can watch anime and other stuff on the tv :P woo hoo :P

No comments: