Sunday, May 16, 2004

BAHHHHHH

I dunno why, my computer powered itself down today! WHAT THE HELL!?!?! Basically I was encoding video to VCD... and the darned computer turns itself off!! I then figured that it was warm, and then when I managed to boot it back up... I checked the bios and found the CPU's temperature was over 80 degrees C!!! (well it had cooled itself down to 70 when I restarted the machine...). The encoding process basically takes 98% of the CPU's power, and that made it go over 80... quite scary... now its hovering around 72 degrees, since I took the side panel off... and I thought this was cold... guess there wasn't much airflow inside a case afterall.... after that, I went and got a weekly train ticket... it costs $43.50... better than $55 if I pay every time I went... and also 2 kg of carrots for $1... not bad... and $2 for tofu 'gan', semi-compressed tofu... :P

No comments: