Saturday, May 22, 2004

Long time no blog

bah... I haven't blogged in such a long time! 17th till the 21st... 4 days :O let me try to remember what happened in the past few days...


21st May: Today was the day it all got finished... all of the warehouse got taken apart... 13 rows of shelves, 5 bays high, 12 bays wide... I'm sick of boxes, and pallets, and life in general. I checked my bank account, I think I got paid for 4 days (paid on thurs)... hmmm... but yeah, my arms are sore now, and will be sore for a few days... poor me... also will go to new premises on monday... will be interesting to see whats the big deal... but basically had to change all my clothes today, they were completely covered with dust -_-... and I woke up at 6am to get there by 8am... the sun wasn't even breaking over the horizon when I got to the train station... and I came home tired, and well... I took a nap for 3 hours... and was online again after 11pm... heh heh :P


20th May: Its a small world afterall... A REALLY REALLY SMALL WORLD. And it happened today in the factory... this guy who's worked there for a few months and I got talking while we're moving boxes for the big move... about where we lived (since we're all casuals, we don't always come everyday) John said he lived in roselands, revesby and riverwood. I said I used to live in riverwood before moving to sefton... and then he goes he used to live on charles st. I said I used to live on charles st too... and he goes which number? and I said 39. He had this look on his face... it was pretty funny... he goes 'you've just made my day'. Apparently he rented the same house about 10 years before we did... ok, think about this... what was the possibilty that two guys who didn't know each other lived at the same place, while working about 20 km away from where they live??? Thats a huge coincidence. Then while at lunch, we were talking with another collegue, she comes from new zealand... and there was also a new collegue who joined us since monday... they were talking, and found out that he was also a kiwi... and they came from the same town... and that he went to school with her nephew! omg! thats two scary coincidences!! how the hell does that happen in a warehouse like this? its quite incredible... also talked with a friend, she was in Taiwan! damn her :P but I guess she needs some time off, she got her laptop stolen and rented unit broken into... poor gal... she is visiting rellos in taiwan for 2 weeks... lucky lucky...


19th May: Today we started packing up boxes... in hindsight its quite stupid of them, since they wanted to get more stuff picked before they packed it all and moved... thus we finished all the picking, and started moving boxes onto pallets and shrink wrapping them... it seems a daunting task, all these boxes (each pallet holds around 50 boxes... each truck around 20 pallets... and in 3 days we moved around 5-6 trucks... quite scary... but we had around 8 people doing the packing of the boxes... 1 guy on the forklift, one lady (bitch) just didn't help at all... complained about the dust -_-) but yeah... quite an effort... since for 3 days (I started on friday) I didn't lift any boxes... it was quite tiring...


18th May: normal, tiring day of picking clothes... nothing special :P

No comments: