Thursday, April 07, 2005

Unappreciated... >_<

Its been a day since the big boss left. There was a email thanking everybody involved, and they named those who helped. And me and my colleague's name WASN'T ON IT. !!!! What the? The other casual, John, has his name in the list, even though he helped out just as much as we did. I guess its favouritism. (Plus he worked at the same company as the managing director previously... almost 50% of the staff now came from the other company...) Needless to say, I feel pretty crap. They don't really wanna admit that there's other people who wasn't from their background.

Anyways, the party on the 5th April was a big success. I got to use a walkie talkie to direct traffic, but it was more fun when we were able to hear other people's conversations that were on the same frequency... But what was even funnier was that the supervisor played a trick from us. We were there on the driveway, when he goes 'what you guys doing' and we were like... err what u told us to do. And then a taxi drove by me and I moved out of the way, and he goes 'oh that was quick moving ken...' And then we go... huh where are you? Looking around... And he goes 'behind the tree'... we both look around at the tree... 'no, behind the other tree'... There wasn't another tree nearby... so we knew he was playing a trick on us... :P This was for 2 hours, then the press conference started at 12ish, and then question time and then lunch time at around 1:15. I was very full after lunch... lots of nice things to eat... some better than others. One of the best things were the Bacon Shimp... it had a shrimp on a skewer, and bacon wrapped around it. And a nice sauce. I had like 3 and was a little itchy, but after 3 more it was ok... :P There were other food, fish, chicken, lamb... And I had many many glasses of OJ... so yeah, definately full.

Yesterday, didn't see the CEO or other VIPs... but they left today, so it was strange there wasn't a farewell tour of the building. I guess it just isn't that important anymore.

Oh well... The food was nice... The aftertaste... well lets say, if no more appreciation, I guess I can't be stuffed helping them, since they won't be saying thanks. They probably don't even realise that I exist. All they know is that $$ is coming out of their accounts and into mine, and I guess for now thats what I can be thankful for. If I find a better job, its time to leave, no strings attached.

No comments: