Monday, April 04, 2005

Head Honcho

Well the big boss is here, on a tour of most S.E Asia offices. This was a busy-yet-not-so-busy day. Half of the morning was dedicated to cleaning up. Then the other half was... cleaning up. Till it was clean. Then, orders were processed, whatever meagre amounts there were. Then the big boss came just after lunch, at around 1:30pm. The company meeting was at 2:30, except it was delayed for about 10 mins or so. And then we had this meeting with the man himself, the CEO of our company. It was very short. And there was some Q&A. The most memorable event out of that meeting was that he mentioned about his family. He has two daughters, ages 25 and 23, and one son, aged 10. Like... thats just funny... :P Me and my colleague was joking about how his eyes just went ()_() because of hearing that. :P And then some office lady came by and also started to rub it in to him. Except that I know that he likes his current gf very much, so it was just joking with him. He's the kind that can actually take a joke and then try to put the joke on you. Lucky he didn't put the joke on me... since I'm just good :P

The afternoon was pretty boring, no orders, so I was sorting out paperwork for the last couple days. Then before we were to go, it was 5:30, and we were closing all the gates, then they wanted some people to move some merchandise outside (into a big marquee (tent-like thing) that they were building all day after 10am. - and guarded by security guards at night...). So I did that with my colleague. Heavy lifting is required because we are warehouse staff. So thats what I did. I lifted a huge unit by myself... And the guy in the marquee goes "hey you don't need to go to gym if you do this all the time eh". Hehe I think if I did this for a living, I would get more than $40 an hour. Cos heavy lifting is... heavy. So there's 1/2 hour of OT for today. Tomorrow I might get to be the car park attendant. With a walkie talkie. Hmmmm :P Better to rest early today.

1 comment:

Flo said...

hehe big boss' visit seems to bring you guys lots of trouble and some...pleasure? :P how come your colleagues just ignored your single status AGAIN!