Saturday, April 02, 2005

Breaking my PBOT

Personal Best of Over Time = 9 hours. w00t!!! Thats almost 2 days of real work. All done in one day. 7am start, 12-12:30 lunch (company paid for pizza), 4:30 finish. We sure cleaned up a lot of junk, and needless to say, the place should be sparkling when the CEO comes next monday - wednesday.

I didn't have to prepare orders today, so I helped move stuff around with the forklifts. They ran out of nails, so I had to go to the nearest Bunnings on Parramatta Rd and got them. Felt like an errand boy actually... and they didn't compensate me for the fuel... with it at $1.03 a litre, I think I used a little bit for that trip. Its ok, the lunch made up for it. Nails was $4.03 for a small packet... I drove 3 km just for a packet of nails... *sigh*. Anyways, for the lunch, out of 4 pizzas, I had about 8 slices and 4 pieces of garlic bread. Yum~ It was great to have fresh fluffy pizza, instead of soggy reheated ones. If we had to buy our own lunch today, I would've actually gone to Subways... I am hankering for sandwiches actually, I dunno why. KFC is also good, compared to maccas. Or we could've gone to get some Kebabs in Newington.

In the afternoon, it was getting slightly warm. And then when we were to go home, we found out that we had padlocked the front driveway with a metal chain so the public won't use our parking lot. That didn't deter the people who drove up on the grass. I told my supervisor that they should consider building a fence, because its just stupid. He agrees, it looks like a dodgy car yard. We're meant to be a technology kind of company, yet we got idiots who want to save parking fees and park in some company's carpark. Well, tough luck, I think it will change soon. We might even charge them entrance and exit fees actually. That'll be a way to earn $$. Seriously, how would you feel if you were to come home on a saturday and find somebody else has parked in your garage? You wouldn't be happy, would you? Thats how we feel about it too. So it was funny when we were trying to leave because the gate was still padlocked and 3 cars were waiting to get out... At the end, we had to call the supervisor to let us out... They should implement a boom-gate system... and have an intercom to reception or warehouse.

1 comment:

Flo said...

1.:O maccas? kebabs?? @_@ hehe cool for the new record of 9 hours OT! 2.I am not to pay for park little Justy both at school and in my neighborhood! But...but I am going to pay more than 4000 NT for the tax of 'using driving license'...*sobs*