Sunday, February 27, 2005

Life just got interesting...

For the first time in months, I finally knew the meaning of 'busy'. Saturday was the first of (possibly) many days in the future of 'worked off your feet' day. I was literally just sitting there for a good 4-5 hours entering data in the computer. Truly, I have became a data-entry operator? It seems my job became shifted, once again. Before I was just the duty warehouse guy. Doing warehouse stuff. Then I became a warehouse mover, just moving stuff. Then I became a order picker, just picking stuff. Then I helped out with sticker/label sticking. Now, I have been given the privilage of making the labels. Its bloody hard work, just sitting there and entering data into the database. And the printing labels, when all the computer wants to do is pop up a message saying 'installing office...'. Office (microcrap) has nothing to do with the labelling software! WHY is it activating? *kicks computer*. The other computer had the same issue, I just went and uninstalled the 'office update sp1' and it doesn't ask for this crap, but with this computer, I just didn't dare to. Plus they will hopefully get a new computer soon just for database and printing purposes. Since we are one computer short, the other casual can't do the RMA right now. And the scary thing about saturdays is, we did all this stuff, we had one wrong label, and it took about 10 mins just trying to rectify the problem. 10 minutes! If we had 2 labels wrong... grrr it may take 40 mins due to the size of the orders being so bloody big... in fact, it may take a few containers in the future just to get stuff out... *sigh*. The paperwork, once finished, will be approximately 2cm thick. Now thats a regular small book size. And if that goes missing... well I guess its not my problem, is it. I've entered all into the database, and I hope I don't get any wrong. If they get any wrong, its them who put the labels on, and thankfully its got nothing to do with me :D

Monday will be fun, because we'll have practically no room to move. Yay. And I'll be processing more orders! What will I be doing next? Maybe cleaning rubbish. Oh wait, I DID THAT BEFORE TOO! I should be paid $40 an hour or something since I can do so much crap for this company, yet get paid so little. Oh well. I am severely considering changing to a different company, one that doesn't care for its profits, but for its people. If they just want some forklift guy, they got one quick smart, they overlooked one guy who was here for a year. So what does that say? It says the company is pretty slack.

No comments: