Sunday, January 01, 2006

HAPPY NEW YEAR Y'ALL!

And it's the start of a brand new spankin' year. Seriously, I have great expectations for this year. NOT. Right now the weather is probably around 35 degrees. 2 hours ago, it was probably around 39 degrees. 5 hours ago, it was 42. You can get the idea. The max today was 43 in sydney, don't really wanna know where, but we sure felt it, when we 'woke' up this morning.

Judy, our host, hasn't slept well because she's been out for 3 days and had around 8 hours sleep for the 3 days. This morning, she didn't sleep at all. She managed to catch about 3 hours shut-eye this morning, but still... That's not really fair for her because I was chatting with her till 5am, and then another friend kept on going till around 8am... by then we only had 8 people left. 2 people locked themselves in Judy's bedroom. So she couldn't really sleep either. But yeah, the heatwave made us all stay in her apartment for a long time. We originally had a bbq to attend, but since it was 42 degrees, we decided to aim for somewhere better. Airconditioned comfort. So we brainstormed where to go. Airport, Hospital, somebody's place with aircon, Cinema, and finally Karaoke. So we went karaoke, but I didn't sing. I never sing when I'm at karaoke... just don't feel like singing... I didn't sing at camp either, thats why they didn't like me... but yeah... I don't know why I get dragged to karaoke. It's not my type of activity.

So, the day before. Saturday 31st, there was a plan to go to Judy's and celebrate NYE there. Other people said they would either go, or go watch the fireworks. I couldn't be stuffed going to the city and mingling with the massive throng of crowds there. But obviously some people did. And I'm not happy about that, because they did say they were gonna go to Judys. But anyways, nobody really started drinking because they were running out of alcohol. So they did the next best (or worse?) thing. They started mixing.

Mixing? Is that bad you say? I should think so, even they were disgusted with some of the concoctions they mixed. The ingredients were....

Beer.
Pepsi.
Coke.
Lemonade.

Not bad enough yet?

Soymilk.
Vinegar.
Chili Oil.
Soy Sauce.
and Coffee. Instant grind.

Beer is the main part, then they got crazy with the ingredients.

The game was the same as the xmas party. You either do the dare, or you drink. They tried to make the dare as 'dangerous' as the drink. French kissing, etc etc. Which made me very bad because I managed to drink the mixed evilness 5 times. I drank them for some girls because they wouldn't touch the drink. I even had one go out of my nose because I was laughing. After washing my face, I could still smell soy sauce in my nose... now that's gross.

But I believe that fate is very strong that nite. Or at least Yuen Fen. Basically one of the gals like a guy, and has told the girls so, and they told him, but he's been keeping it as an option. However, both the guy and girl got the cards, and the dare was to French kiss for 1 minute. Now, both they didn't wanna do it, but you can tell they wanted to, but not with 10 people watching. So they drank the wine. Except that both doesn't have a good alcohol rating. So half a glass of wine, and they were pretty much gone for a good 2-3 hours. They officially became a couple in the group's eyes. Sleeping next to each other, holding hands. Cute :) When they were still out, we were waiting for Midnight. Except that Judy's clock is fast, and then we managed to miss the countdown. So we toasted the New Year, and yeah, nobody really wanted to play after. Some people went out to get more wine, but they didn't come back till 2am. They basically left before 11 and went to watch the fireworks and came back because they decided they wanted to. At least they came, unlike some people.

I have an iron stomach. I'll live. But if there's another heatwave, I rather stay home and not go out with a bunch of crazy people. I need to hang out with a different group.

Anyways, Cheers to 2006, and hopefully everybody will have fun and a good year. I will try my best to make 2006 a year to remember, since 2005 was pretty good since camp.

No comments: