Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Xmas, 2005

It's like the best Xmas ever.

2 Parties, a week after another.

First the company party, now, a party held by friends. Both had its own way of fun. The Company party was fun because it was entertaining. The friends party is fun because its full of friends. And strangers, but the friends make it fun. Anyways, here's how it happened.

One of the girls from the singles camp invited all the guys (except me I think) to her party. It costs $100, and well, no girls will be there. So, naturally, when the guys asked the girls from camp if they were going, they didn't know, and got pissed off. So Mary said that she'll make the party for the camp people. It'll be better because it's $30, and you can buy a pressie to swap with people. The $100 party was at the American Club (or so I heard), but the $30 party was at the W Hotel. Basically there's many groups of people from the camp, each type is different. One of the groups is the Cate group, they have their own people from either before or made really quick during the camp. Mainly girls, but now they have a few guys in there as well. I'm not in their group, I'm not elite enough. Anyways, they organised it within a week, which is pretty good of them.

So, December 23, I've been working the whole week. The end of the week, and I managed to come to work everyday before 8am (8am on wed, 8am on thurs, and 7am on fri). Normally we finish at 5:30, but since it's the last working day before xmas, it's the tradition to leave before time and enjoy the rest of the day. So most left around 2pm. I had to stay behind and leave around 3:30pm. However, I was given a dozen of beer by my supervisor as a present, but the beer in fact came from one of our courier companies. It's still good, because I didn't really give him a present... maybe next year, if I still haven't left yet.

I got home and changed, and then got stuck answering a guy's question on msn... I don't know why, he always msgs me asking questions. He's either shy or strange, I guess it's that he's shy to talk to girls online. Me, I'm not shy talking to both sexes online, but when in real life... hah it's a different story. That's probably because I only got brothers, and no sisters. Anyways, I left home around 5:30... the train pulled out of the station just as I got there, and I had to wait another 20 mins for a train. The train got to the city around 6:45. I got out, and I had a copy of the map, I STILL managed to get lost 4 times. Turned the wrong street, and then walked up the wrong street, backtracked, and managed to cross a bridge which wasn't on the map, because it was so darned old... but I still managed to rock up to the place at 7:30. Only David was there... we were there for a few mins because we didn't know where it was... Turns out it was at the back in a place with white curtains. We saw others who also went to the camp, and we followed them in. The gang who organised it was already there. So thats when the party 'started'.

Most people were fasionably late. That's to be accepted, especially when it's a Friday. Some even came around 9pm... But it was good to catch up on the people who you didn't see for a few weeks. Everybody was given something to put on their heads, cute stuff like that, and only finger food was served. Needless to say, I wasn't really full by the end of it, but still... I wasn't expecting to be.

Everybody just talked and had fun, which was good. There weren't any games, which was good as well. Everybody who talked to me or knew me better than "total stranger status" wondered why I wasn't talking as much, and well... I DID start work at 7am. Most of them didn't work on that friday. Lucky bums. So I tried to make it a good evening. Presents were drawn, and I had the pleasure of drawing from one of the gang. It was a set of shot glasses. Thanks Judy, they are pretty nice. (I don't think I would show anybody from camp this blog because I might say something afterwards...).

So, because that gang already decided to go to Judy's place afterwards, they already had the cars filled. I was left to go with Mary and Thomas to Judy's place. We managed to get off the wrong place, but STILL got there before everybody else. They came a good 10 mins later, and we met Canny outside Judy's place in the carpark of KFC. She just got there as well. She couldn't go to the party because she works the night shift. After that we all got into Judy's place, and more and more people came, but nobody really drunk anything... it was Friday night afterall, not a night of fun. We watched "Dreamcatcher" and then that was about it... the rest was either talking or just mucking around. The night ended around 3am. And only a handful stayed behind at Judy's place.

The morning was even worse, I guess I should've sorta just left at that time, but I didn't... I wanted to see what they would do. Most people left, there were only a few of the gang left, and they started cooking dinner way before dinnertime (after lunch). After that, people came back for dinner. And then after that, for drinks and games.

I won't go into the details of the games, except that most guys suffered humiliation. Especially Thomas, because he wouldn't drink since he had to go home. So he was basically a drag queen for 3 times. All in a row. The other notable dare was that some of the guys had to french each other. Now that's gross. But the girls LOVED it. Guess no guy and no girl wanted to really french just yet... but there's signs of couples forming soon. Maybe before NYE!

I was unwittingly a light bulb that evening. I only had 2.5 shots of vodka, and since it was my first time with strong alchohol, I was dizzy, and couldn't stay up... So I went to crash in the spare bedroom. James, he loves to drink, he had maybe 7-10 shots of vodka, but he was semi-wasted, way more than me. That was ok when he was sleeping next to me. But then, Cate comes in and then they started kissing and shit. I was like OMG they don't mind some guy pretending to sleep besides them? I kept on trying to fall asleep but with them making sounds besides me (no they didn't go all the way) it was very awkard for me just to get up and leave. They would definately know for sure. So when it was 8:30am, I just got up my stuff and left. Elmer walks in and finds them on top of each other (Cate on top of James) and just kicked Cate because they had satisified looks on their faces. I can't blame them because they sure had a fun night. Thats when I decided that I can't stay in that place any longer, and called my parents to come pick me up, because it's been 2 days since I've left home. And that's the end of that.

After that, I had a chat with friends on msn, and they figured that they (James and Cate) were having something already. And we postulated that theres a few couples in the making... around 5 or so. It's already been 5 weeks since the camp, and with them hanging out every weekend, of course something's bound to happen. I didn't hang out with them enough, so nothing's happened. And their circle is bound to get smaller and smaller. Till it's a couples circle. And then I'll be looking for another circle to join. But who cares, they are still friends, and if they want people to have fun with, I can have fun with them, but if James ever crashes in a bedroom... Hell I'm getting out of there. No way I wanna become a lightbulb.

These past 2 days has been pretty relaxing. However, I helped moved our wooden fence stack and also gave away 4 of the xmas pressie beers from my supervisor to the guys who removed them, from the council. And also topped the car up with oil, it was running low. Then tomorrow (Wed) I'll be back to work, from 8am to 4pm. Yay. Work. Yay...

Hmm when will I like a girl enough to ask them first? I don't know yet. Everybody sorta been asking me that question... especially about people from camp. I'm too picky for my own good. It's not about standards, it's about the consequences... I know the consequences of making a wrong choice...

No comments: