Sunday, July 30, 2006

Nice day out

Yesterday I went out, today I went out. It was a nice day, in the end I even got a "Brazillian" goodbye, a hug from a guy, and a handshake.

After getting home, I got a call from a guy I haven't met in as many years as I have met yuppy. This time, he's in syd for a holiday, same as yuppy, 2 days, same amount of 'free' time as yuppy, used to hail from brissie, same as yuppy, QUT friend, same as yuppy, but he's been spending around 3 years in Brazil, San Paulo to be exact - different to yuppy. So I asked where to meet and stuff, and he said Opera Bar. It was already around 7:30pm that time, I don't usually go out at night just to go to bars... so I said sorry, can't do it... lucky, ends up he went to another bar in Mosman anyways.

So this morning he calls up at about 10am, I was awake since 9:20, since I did set the alarm on, but was just lying in bed... enjoying the luxury... and I sounded I was still asleep, as you do on a lazy sunday. But he was gonna be going to Manly, and I don't remember when I was in Manly last, probably 2000 when I was doing work experience or something. So I said yep, what time, and he said 12:30. Well, I got there at 12:30, then he got "delayed" till 1:30, then 2pm. I was already hungry at 12:30, so when I found out 2pm, I went and grabbed a Chicko roll. It's fried and nice, but not filling.

While waiting, there was a busker at Circular Quay, juggling swords and fire sticks on top of a pole, which is strapped with a bike. Lets just say that buskers like that can earn a bit if everybody gave $5. Probably earns $1000 a day if he's good. He did many sessions, when I was waiting (1 hour), and we spent about 4 hours out at Manly, and by the time we came back he was still doing the shows... so yeah... it's a showmanship kinda job :P

Manly is nice, and lots of people there. We had a lunch of fish and chips on the beach, and then Royal Coppenhagen ice cream afterwards. Nice.

By the time we got back to Circular Quay it was close to 6pm. And getting dark. Since they are the tourists, they went to Bondi beach. I said my byes to them there, since I already been to Bondi before (with people... not by myself). The girl gave me a Brazillian bye, which was a *muah* kinda kiss on the cheek... I was a little surprised, but to them it's normal... then my friend gave me a hug... then his cousin, the tour guide shook hands with me. All very normal and weird at the same time. But then, I probably wouldn't see them again for a few years... so it's alright :P

By the time I got home it was 7:30, and dinner was almost finished. I actually saw my bro's car on the road just before he turned into our street, he just beat me home by a minute. So it was a nice Sunday night dinner.

I'm tired, but happy. All good for a new week. Bring it on! :P

1 comment:

icemonki said...

Yuppy is not a QUT friend thank you very much!!! Drongo may have been but Yuppy was not.. Taiwan channel maybe...but then again too much info. Hey Kenny is this blog stil alive and kicking?? You havnt blogged since July?? Its been a month already! Havnt revived mine yet.

It was great meeting u in Syd though - go to my multiply for new updates yah? See you in another 4 years lol!