Tuesday, June 06, 2006

A close call

This is probably the first time in a long time that I didn't go to work. Except that it wasn't my idea. Basically, at 8:25am today, we had a couple of high school kids ring our doorbell. Wondering what did they want, since a lot of high school kids go by our place from the train station to the high school, they said that my mum was sitting on the footpath and bleeding. I just went "wtf" and then ran down the road, and my dad thanked the guys and came after me. The rain was stopped for a while, but the ground was a bit wet. She was looking for a pair of gloves in her handbag, but tripped over the uneven road, fell and scraped her knees (bleeding) and also managed to hit her head on the concrete. So, she was dazed, and was in shock. I tried to help her up but I was more shocked about her being shocked. She couldn't stand, so my dad held her up, and I ran back and drove the car. We then decided to go to the GP (general practitioner, the local doc). They weren't open till 9am, and well, the doc didn't come in till 9:30. Gave her a quick going over, and well, told her to go get an x-ray. So we went to Bankstown hospital's emergency department. It basically took around 3 hours to get a checkup and x-ray, and she's discharged. So yeah... got home after 1pm, and I had lunch, but was too stressed and so I called in work and said I can't go in. That was my day really. I took a 2 hour nap afterwards and woke up around 5. It's good that my mum is ok now, but the leg is still sore.

So, I met the friend from NZ on sunday. We had lunch at the fishmarkets, and then basically wandered around the city, and I got lost because... I don't walk around certain parts of the city... but she kinda got us back on George st and then I knew which way we were going. We then had coffee, then I walked her back to the place where she was staying with... no dinner. So it was a meeting, not a date. We didn't even take a pic together... that's kinda strange... and I don't know when she'll be back, because she doesn't know herself.

I went for an interview yesterday. It was at another Twese company, and took me 1 hour to get there. In heavy traffic, in pouring rain. The interview took about 1.5 hours, and well, I can give it a go if they decide to hire me. Permenant full time. Maybe advancement after a few years. I went back to work after going home in about 40 mins, and having lunch at home. But I am definately looking at cars because this car cannot handle longer than 1 hour's journey without overheating. So yeah... things need to be done, and done soon.

No comments: