Saturday, June 03, 2006

Change?

Last week was pretty hectic. There was Thursday, where we shipped out 2 containers worth of goods, on two different trucks. Then Friday, my supervisor had to attend a funeral, so he left at lunch. Then calls up about 2:30 and says that we have to ship out this order, which was left from the end of may because they couldn't go. Well... that order turned out to add an extra 8 pallets. I can say that I slept soundly that night. It was probably the coldest day also, since the start of winter. :P Strong wind and rain didn't help... was pretty much frozen. But wrapping the pallets did warm me up. My colleague, he was very skinny and didn't fare as well, he was more frozen because he didn't do much, apart from at his desk. So walking around and doing a bit of manual labour helps in this situation.

I have a friend coming from overseas for a quick holiday, but apart from a few SMS, there wasn't any organisation. Tomorrow will be the last day that we can meet up, but I haven't got any messages. Oh well, I guess she isn't that excited to meet me, so that's probably why. She complained about the weather as well, because she arrived on thurs night and had the bad weather on Friday.

This coming Monday, I'm going to a job interview. Now, I didn't ask for this interview, the last 2 interviews I didn't really ask for, but I went because I wanted to see what they were like. And this one is a bit far from home, so if I was offered a permenant position and have the right pay, I will go... this will mean 2 things. 1, giving my supervisor notice, even though I'm casual and I don't have to give notice. 2, preparation for the new job. The preparation is also two-fold, 1, I need to have a 'new' car, something which can handle the long distance without dying, as is the case with my current car, and 2, well, if I do have to live so far away, find a closer place to live. It's definately cheaper to pay the fuel than to live by myself, plus I am helping paying off the mortgage for my parents, so the car is definately the priority... I'm looking at Toyotas because they are cheaper to run/maintain, and it's gotta be newer than the year 2000, and less than 100,000 kms, but below $15,000. My budget is around $10,000, but I'm willing to go higher, but there's not many cars that fit the description. Most milage around that era (2000) is averaging 150,000 kms, because they drive like 30-40k kms a year... when the average should only be around 100,000 kms. So it's hard to find one... need to search very hard.

I've got a headache, and I might go sleep early tonight.

No comments: