Thursday, February 23, 2006

Lucky... or not so Lucky

It's been a while since I blogged... not that I have much to update. Work is hectic as usual, but that hasn't prevented me leaving at 5pm for the last 3 days, due to my supervisor telling me to go if there's nothing (plus I only have 1/2 hour lunch...). Also I did get some OT in, which is ok. Nothing too flash. Anyways... I had an accident with a skid that nearly took the tip of my finger off. Basically, the guy said that the skid wasn't too heavy, and then when I put my finger under to pick it up, he moved it (because it was at an angle, and he didn't warn me he was moving it) and it trapped my 4th finger on my left hand. Very lucky that it was trapped for about 1/2 of a second or less cos it basically nearly crushed my finger and probably would've chopped it off if it shifted in the wrong direction. So I got a nice bloody finger for a while. It basically feels tender just behind the fingernail. The skin's split about 1 cm, and if I don't bandage it, it bleeds. It doesn't hurt now, even if I squeeze it. I guess it just got tenderised. But yeah, it was pretty scary when the skid shifted when I was trying to pick it up.

Anyways, about the word "bloody". It seems to be the Australian Tourist's new promotion, to ask tourists from other countries "Where the bloody hell are you?" and get them to come here.

Something tragic happened this morning. I wasn't caught up in it, but it was actually very close to where I work. I drive through Lidcombe to work everyday. There's an overpass, which is the M4 motorway. Apparently a woman got EJECTED out of her vehicle because of a crash, and well... she flew across the median strip and got hit by an oncoming truck. Died at the scene, and basically held up the M4 motorway for kilometers. I got to work pretty much at 8:45. Other people, stragglers, came in after 9... and most came in around 10-10:30 because they chose to go the M4. Of course, they don't lose any pay, but I think it's sad. They should lose pay because well, they aren't working. But that's just sad anyways.

There's a girl who I have no interst in at work, she sometimes just comes to annoy me because I process the orders. Anyways, somehow she was asking my colleague how was his holiday to HK, and he said it was ok, and I jokingly said that he was gonna get married soon, and she believed it for a second... then my supervisor said that I got a 'little woman' in queensland because I went up there for a HS reunion (all guys). Then, for some reason, the girl asks me this question. "Do you like guys or girls?". I was like WHAT THE F**K!!?! Naturally I don't like her, and never will. I wouldn't ever tell her who I liked. But I did tell my colleague who I liked. The thing is... I don't think she really has a liking for me, cos we're still treating each other like friends. But she showed me her webcam on MSN, and well, she's actually not bad at all. Though she does look a little fierce when she's concentrating, or has no 'expression'. She's got a diary on yahoo, and well, she says she likes these two guys (even got their names...) so... I'll just see if she's really interested in those guys, and if she is, I'll go find some other girl to lavish my attention upon. :P

Ahhhh Friday is coming up... I definately need the rest.

No comments: