Tuesday, December 13, 2005

'tis the season for cherries...

I am sick of cherries. Some people might think that cherries are the bee's knees, but to me, they aren't the best. But still I would have one or two, just to give the impression that I still like cherries. Why? Because of the trip... to cherry land.

Saturday 10th of December... Was still in a sleep state when I heard music... ah crap it was my phone... who would call me up at this ungodly hour? Of course, the person who invited me. She was worried that I wouldn't be waking up on time... but never fear, she underestimated me... I always has two sources of alarm... one's my watch, the other's my alarm clock. They don't ring at the same time, of course, just to keep things interesting (kinda like a snooze function...) Anyways, I got up, dressed in jeans, and even though some thought it was gonna be hot, I still wore jeans... then had brekkie, after what my dad kept on saying... to pick the good ones, blah blah... then I drove to strathfield station. I had to find a parking space which wasn't timed... So it was quite far from the station. Turns out that there were more than one group going to Young to pick cherries... because at 7am sharp a bus pulled away with only 10 people on board... I got called about 10 past to find out I was on the wrong side of the station.. there was a xmas tree on the other side and met the crew... two michelles, one jean, one chao, then more people came... one jenny, one mihiro, one jiro (some name), and some other people... and then the bus came at half past 7... they were late from the city. When we got on the bus, it was about 3/5ths full, we had filled up to 4/5ths... then it was a 15 mins trip to liverpool to pick up the remaining 10 people... the bus was full with 52 people...

Once full, we were out to the countryside... via hume highway... 5 hours with 2 pitstops.... drove past the intersection to yass... the pitstops were for food and breaks... food was hungry jacks, and it's fun to see people rush to order food and scoff it down... when they could eat on the bus...

Once at Young, it was to a farm called Wombat farm... plenty of flies... some guy even swallowed one... but yeah, we had 2.5 hours to pick, and well, I picked the big ones so I had quality... 3 kgs... other people went crazy and picked around 8-20 kg... but at $6 its considered cheap... also I had a stomach ache in the middle, so lost some time there... but we were glad to get out of that place... the flies were EVERYWHERE... anyways... to cut the story short, the bus trip back was also uneventful... except for the guy who went out to take a leak... and half the bus took pics... I think he's not gonna live it down... it was a company outing for my friend's (who invited me) company... and they are very mysterious about it too...

After arriving back in sydney, it was around 9... then we had dinner (me, two michelles, one jean, and michelle's bf, johnny) at a korean restraunt... 10pm finish and I drove them back because they were on the way... so got home around 11... and that was a day I won't try to repeat in a long while...

So, cherries... I'm sick of it but I'm really not gonna say anymore about it...

No comments: