Tuesday, December 06, 2005

week in review

So, there was a bbq last saturday. I offered to bring mochi, and they said ok. Then the day just before, they told me to bring steak. So I was kinda conned into bringing steak. Anyways, that aside, I got told to change my glasses... so I kinda only had one day to do it, and that was saturday. Basically, the bbq was at 2pm, and so I woke up early at 8am (on a saturday... wah... that's early :P) and then got to the shopping centre to check out the optometrists. There were two, but since I've dealt with OPSM for most of my glasses wearing life (which is pretty much since grade 7) I decide to go check them out. Turns out the frames are rather expensive... easily passing $200. I chose the cheapest frame there, for $160 or so... STILL TOO EXPENSIVE! I thought the lenses would be like $80 max, but turns out after the consultation (on sunday) it turns out the lenses cost $209 for the cheapest polycarbonate! The hi density ones costs EVEN MORE! CRAP! That's over my budget already... so I had to pay a deposit and they will call me back in a week... Then I will look different... and hopefully be more attractive... :P

So, I bought $40 worth of steaks. 8 pieces of pork, 6 of beef, and 4 of lamb. Turns out I did most of the bbqing as well. I turned up at 2pm sharp, found a place to park, and immediately got called over to cate's car who just pulled up and helped her with her bbq foodstuffs. Then once settled inside, we planned our attack... to cook food now or later? and other trivial stuff like that.. I got delegated to help make some fingerfood, which is quite easy since it's just copying a master biscuit. Cheese, then salmon, then onion, then caviar, and a different caviar, and finally a piece of green vege(basil? or some herb) It's nice seafoody biscuit. Then the next one was a mixed cherry + tomato + cucumber garnished kinda biscuit. The last one was a fruit one, it had fruit cheese, then blueberry, then sliced strawberries, then halved grape, then cream on top... all nice finger foods. Then basically, more people and more people rocked up, and everybody started eating and chatting... one of the girls had to leave for a wedding, so we started cooking at 4, she had some food, then left... I became the unofficial chef for most of the day, cooking all sorts of stuff... steaks, korean bbq meat, prawns, octopii, and sausages. People had their fill. Well if they didn't, they didn't complain to me... But the food was satisfying enough. So the other events were: cards, chatting, mahjong. I had played cards and chatted, but didn't play mahjong. What else was there... Thomas was the unfortunate soul of the bbq. He basically got dragged into some activity, and well, it was licking cream off his arm. Had the guy won, the girl had to lick off his arm. But the girl won, so the guy had to lick it off Thomas's arm. That wasn't the end of it... the girl had to lick cream off the finger. But the guy had to lick it off Thomas's EAR. So he was a victim. Also, at the camp, he made a bet with a girl called Mary. If mary can throw a small piece of rubbish about 2 meters into a bin, Thomas will jump into the pool. What he didn't count on was Mary scrunching up the rubbish into a tight ball and threw it in like a rock. And he didn't jump into the pool at the camp, so Mary was calling him chickenshit for a whole week. Till he decide to jump into the pool once mary came back from the wedding. So to get mary off his back... hahaha I think there might be something going on there, will see if anything does happen between anybody who went to the camp for sure.

So work was kinda weird... I get dropped into the service role for the morning and then back to shipping goods in the afternoon. And there's like work on and off, which makes people wonder what's going on in the sales department. Tomorrow I'll get sent back into the shipping department. Yay.

There's talk of a xmas party organised by the camp people... so I'll have to see how that one will turn out... ever since the camp, I think I've spent more per week than I'd spend in 6 months. But it's all good, meeting new people is always a good thing, in my case.

Ahhh I'm so tired nowdays... sleep is not coming to me easily, I get woken up sometimes 4am for no reason. Maybe it's too warm or something. Working in the warehouse when it's humid isn't good, especially when I walk into the offices and it's nice and cool... and coming back out, I almost caught a cold. Lucky I didn't. I just had the sniffles for about 10 mins but after that I was fine.

Also another fact I found interesting was that I've never really properly drunk alcohol before camp. The highest alcohol % I had was 4.5%, which was a vodka cruiser. Beer was only 3% or something... Then at the camp, when we snuck out and I had scotch, that was pretty high. But nothing as high as what I had on saturday. I had baileys (12% a/c) before they bought out the big guns, an alcohol called "Mou tai" from China... it's supposedly the best spirit they got, for dignitries and such. It's 45%! That's pretty high. It burnt my throat as it went down, but it's nice and sweet before it burns. I will have to say that with these new friends, I'll have to build up my alcohol tolerance. Not that I will drink too much though... so I should be ok :P

In my spare time, I've been playing Need for Speed Most Wanted. While most people think it's 'so-so', I didn't really feel that way. They probably don't get the point of chasing and shit, but hey, I enjoy it quite a bit... it takes all your skill to dodge the cars...and crashing into cars and not dying, that's simply the best. I shall play it to completion I hope... :P

No comments: