Saturday, January 15, 2005

Woo 12 days of non-blogging-goodness

I've been for all intents and purposes, dead. Tired, that is. I have been doing the temporary engineer job for about 4 weeks now... and next week the guy'll be back from his holiday. And I will be back to normal. I hope. Then again, the company is moving premises soon... who knows... I might be out of a job then? If so, there are more jobs out there... Sure, I might have to look around, but there's more sentences that I can add in my resume now... 'able to diagnose and fix products blah blah'. Yay. Anyways, a funny thing happened. I was working inside, and my colleague was working outside in the warehouse, he came into the service area and then went to talk with the call center guys... and I went over there and started chatting as well. (it was nearly lunch). Anyways, about 5 mins, my mobile rang. I jumped, since I don't expect fone calls... And I take it out, and it's stopped. A prank call... but from who? I checked the name... (not written here to protect the innocent) and went... huh? why is he pranking me??? I walked out into the warehouse, and looked for him in the office... not in there... then I hear this faint voice... 'Help me ken~~'... ahaha he was stuck on the forklift, right on the top tier (which is over 5 meters high). I went... 'haha ok let me get u down', lowered him down, he was soaked because he was up there for a while... lucky he had the mobile, he actually called out our names quite a couple of times but nobody responded, so he did the next thing and called my mobile. About 3 mins later, colleague comes in... ROFL he was very apologetic... Ah thats fun :P

Also, talk about impulse buying... or premeditated price planning buying... The guy (who I've posted on my wretch under 'misc') is not really my apprentice, but he helps me out by checking units for me... We were sitting there after having lunch, and he's talking about getting the Canon IXUS 40... how its $699 at Myers, and he can get $100 discount because he has the Myer card blah blah... and we just open a webpage which had it at $549... and he just goes 'where's the shop???!?!!' and we say... less than 5 mins drive from here mate... and he just goes 'LETS GO!!!' 15 mins later he is back with my colleague with his new toy... Thats what I call impulse buying... :P Its alright, 4 megapixels, only includes 16mb SD and 3 modes... Auto, Movie, and Playback. also has a 2" screen... I guess mine is better :P For now :P But I admit, its small and cute... Not bad for $549....

2 comments:

Flo said...

LOL~ that 'innocent'guy went buy lotto after this incident? hahahaha~ :P

Ken said...

No... I don't think he would either... :P