Sunday, March 19, 2006

So, it's been another while since I updated...

I was offered a job by a guy who got retrenched. Well not from him, but somebody he met while out and about. I went and checked out the job, it was a very repetitive job, even more so than mine. And it was dealing with $$, which I didn't like to deal with already. So I had to politely decline the offer. I will have to call up the guy who got retrenched to thank him for that opportunity though.

Also another guy got sacked because of the person who backstabs everyone. She came in later than everyone, and guess what, she got promoted in less than 3 months. That's because she backstabbed the guy who got retrenched, and well, the guy who got fired was just next in her sights. She even warned my colleague in the warehouse because he sent something wrong once. Now then, if the company goes down, we know who was the cause of it. Stupid backstabbing biatch.

I did go and have a look at car auctions with our opposite door neighbour, however after that time I didn't go since (the saturday just gone) because I was too tired. But it's pretty cool just to check out cars for fun :P But what happened yesterday was pretty good... he came over and offered us his lounge suite, because he bought a new one, and couldn't afford to see the set go to waste. It's a leather set, so it's pure black, which my parents don't really like, but apart from that, it has no problems. Just a few years old, but still in good condition. They got a new set with recliners for $600, so thats why they had to let this one go. So now we got a leather lounge in our place. Comfy too :P So that means I had to relocate some of the speakers and such, because they were bigger. In fact, the long piece was too big to go through the door (our old one could, just barely) so we took the screen door off the window and it went through that instead. I got the speakers and so now I got a 4.1 solution. It's really a 2.1 + 2.0, but the subwoofer is for the front one. I have tried it on some AC3 movie, it does work with the surround option, but my motherboard actually supports 7.1 sound... so if I got a 5.1 sound set, I only need to use one set of speakers.

Work is a bit weird, sometimes we'll be busy, other times we'll be even busier. Sometimes we'll have nothing to do for a few hours. That sux. So then our supervisor is going under the knife, should be recovering by now, but he won't be in this week. And also, I won't be in this friday, or Saturday if we need to do OT. Which we wouldn't. So I lose 1 day's pay... but hey, it's my bro's wedding, if I don't go, I don't think he would come to mine? haha nah I just want to take a day off just to feel what it's like... NOT.

Daylight savings still is on. Then next week it'll be back to normal. That'll screw other people over for sure :D

No comments: