Saturday, March 04, 2006

Oh.

I had a bbq today, it was at 2pm. Needless to say, it happened at 3pm, because everybody was fasionably late. Lots of meat... not enough veges. Lots of bread too... The birthday boy got a little pressie from the couple that formed from camp. None of us really gave him a present, just our presence. He was playing handball with his brother, who's about 12 years younger. It's just really weird. Apparently he doesn't spend too much time with him, so he's doing that, on his birthday. What a great bro he is. Anyways, we bbq and managed to overcook... so that went into the bin. WHAT A WASTE!!! We had 'linner' for 3 hours, and then went for an hour's walk around the national park. Then the security guard kicked us out. There was a weir (google it if you don't know what it is) and basically these leb kids were using a row boat from the bottom and trying to move it to the top. We watched them, the main kid was rowing backwards, with the sharp end in front of him (and the flat end behind him). That's the way to give yourself more work than necessary, since it's creating the most drag. So it was pretty entertaining for a few good minutes. If they had fallen over, it would've been better, but unfortunately it didn't happen.

Now... I normally don't complain a lot about the car... wait, I do!. The car's dying. I had a horrible time trying to get home today. It was shuddering all the time, from 0-60km/h. Because the transmission is dying around 0-2000rpms. The gears aren't meshing... And the car's only got a secondhand engine, plus done 163,xxx kms. So I was in a real state of panic, I drove all the way to eastwood without realising that I had missed the turnoff. So I was driving around, hoping not to stall or anything, because if I did, it would've been bad. Thats why I am looking at cars in really desperate conditions now. Cos if I don't... I'm screwed. No car... means no job. Well, I could use public transport, but that means I'm screwed either way. *sigh*.

Mardi Gras (http://www.mardigras.org.au) is on tonight. I'm lucky I head away from the city after the bbq. It's always jammed packed. Thats how they like it.

No comments: