Saturday, January 16, 2010

Car service

So I got my car serviced, regoed and CTP'd today.

Minor Service = $119
Registration = $31.70
Globes + Labour = $22.40
Air Filter = $35
Fuel Filter = $69
Labour R/R(?) Filter = $46
Brake Fluid Flush and Change = $56.50
Ferodo TQ Std Front D/Pad Serv = $169
Machine Front Disc Rotors + Labour = $109
CV Shaft (Not done today, next saturday) = $220
Labour CV Shaft = $92
Car Service = $969.60.

Originally there were other things that they said that I was suggested to do...
Transmission Flush
Power Steering Pump and Rack
Rear Shock
Tyre Rotation w/ alignment

But that would've made it go to $1800... so I said no.

Add on $285 for the RTA
and $413.04 for the CTP

Makes it $1667.64 I spent all on my credit card...

Plus $5 to travel home (because I wasn't gonna wait at the shopping center for 6 hours) and $8.20 for lunch.

$1680.84.

Damn.

And it's not even something that I like to do, unlike some of my friends :P

It's almost like the time when I first bought the car, it had so many problems that I didn't know about, and I spent the same amount of money as well. Can't they make cars better? Considering the average value of my car on a car sale website is around $7.5k... that's 22% of the value right there. I guess when the service costs more than 50% of the value of the car then I need to get a new one... or a near new one. Ahhhhh

2 comments:

Berto said...

Sometimes it may be better to buy a new car and factor in a service contract so it is paid up-front (or via a loan, which is a bad idea) so you don't have to worry as much... All cars have to go through maintenance, unless you go for a lease

Mobile Car Service said...

Prime Car service locator lets you locate car service and car repair centers in your area for your next car service.