Monday, November 07, 2005

Aftermath

Um.. so what's new in the world of me? Saturday gone by, worked from 7am till 2:30pm, to stocktake. There were about 4 pairs of people there to stocktake, and the process still took that long. Last time we had 2 pairs and it was up till 5pm or something. The reconcilation of the stock against the system takes the longest time. Things have to be added and removed, and well, I wasn't the one stuck with the job this time around. It's been 2 weeks since I got my Creative Zen Vision - a deal which to me was pretty good. $660 including shipping. Considering that it costs $700+ in the shops, it's pretty good. The only problem I had with it was that... I took out the power in our house on Saturday morning. I left the charger of the Vision in, and when I unplugged it, it went 'poof' and a big spark jumped, and all the computers and shit turned off. Oh-oh, I thought, this isn't good at all... I turned on the lights, they worked, so I had to go outside at 6am and find the safety and turn it back on. Lucky everything turned back on. I think I'll have to find another way to charge my player. The charger is of the dodgy design. Made in China, what do you expect? It was making a loud buzzing noise before I unplugged it as well -_-".

With less than a week to go to my bro's engagement, my bro is still in the states at a dodgy conference (he said so himself) and I just find it funny that they have such bad organisational skills for an international gathering. But he seems to be ok, afterall, it's his second time there. I've never been to the states *sobs* and I have no reason to, yet. He'll be back on thursday, have friday to prepare and saturday will be the big day. Or whatever day. Sigh... no sleeping in that day either.

Today was a strange day to say the least. Not that I didn't expect it, but having both the pickers away (one had business, the other had to help pack up shit at a convention). So then I had no delivery to process till when they came back... And then when they came back, there was a heap of stuff... -_- Talk about weird stuff like that. There was also a big problem with one of our customers. We sent them a pallet of stuff for a show, and they've signed for it and everything, and they are denying that they've got it. After my supervisor's left for the day, he got called up 7 times. And each of the 7 times, he called back to the warehouse. I think I got fustrated after the 5th call -_-. He asked me about the connotes and all possibilities about the particular customer, what we shipped on the days surrounding. It was all good on our end. So I ended up a bit pissed off. But it was nothing compared to the end. We called up for our courier to drop off our convention stuff from the morning, and they literally came in late. After the finishing time. So I had to unload everything, and that made me OT till 6... sigh. Even if it was good money I wouldn't wanna OT in this way... Pain in the ass.

Hopefully it'll be ok tomorrow. The weather is getting cool... Weird isn't it... but it's nice. I washed the car on Sunday, and now it looks 80% already (meaning it's already dirty 20%). Parking under a tree that has birds on it during the day is not good. I really don't like taking care of the car, since it's not my pride and joy... my Vision however... it's my baby... Plus my computer of course ^^.

It looks like my Vision does charge via the USB port. I'm glad. :D

No comments: